"You are what you eat, so don't be FAST, EASY, or CHEAP!"

Thursday, July 31, 2014

It's really working!!

So here I am 6 days later and still going strong avoiding sugary foods.  My husband and kids have both said they don't know how I am doing it.  It hasn't been the easiest but with each passing day I am that much stronger and more determined to make this a permanent choice for my life. 

This morning our nutritionist, Rainie, wanted to go weigh so we ran downstairs to the scales to see if there had been any changes.  And to our surprise we have both lost weight.  I have lost a total of 5lbs. since beginning this last Friday.  I can't tell you how excited I am to see results and quickly.  In the past I have tried diets and different ways to lose weight and it seemed like losing the pounds was slow and then I would get frustrated and quit.  But learning to read nutritional labels has taught me a lot!  A lot of foods have sugar in them that I didn't even think about.  I am a girl that loves bread and pasta and in the past I have continued eating those items and just given up your normal sweets aka brownies, cookies, cakes.  Not saying I can't have breads or pastas but just have to make sure they are whole wheat and only eat a certain amount per day (No more than 3 grain or starchy vegetable serving per day. This includes rice, bread, potatoes, yams, pasta, oatmeal, quinoa, and any other grain. Serving size is 1 slice or ½ cup so total daily servings allowed is 1.5 cups).  But the good thing is I can have as much vegetables and fruits as I like so where I would normally fill up on junk food I am substituting for a healthier choice.  

I think forming habits is one of the easiest things we do in life.  And one of those habits is an eating pattern.  I am so used to eating fried foods, sweet foods and a lot of processed foods so changing this pattern is a bit of a challenge.  And I have never been one to read labels but I am having to make it a habit and pay close attention to what I am eating. 

I see this as becoming a part of my life and not just a 30 day challenge.  Especially because I see the changes and the results are great!! 

If you are interested in this please go to Rainie's blog, Be Well - it will forever change your way of eating and how you see food but in a good way! 


1 comment:

  1. Go Kim! Keep up the good work! You're my motivation:)

    ReplyDelete