"You are what you eat, so don't be FAST, EASY, or CHEAP!"

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pass the Bread

Tonight we ate at Panera Bread for dinner. I ordered a salad and it came with a large piece of bread.  I love bread and it's a major weakness for me. As soon as I got my meal I "passed the bread" from my plate.  If it sat on my plate during my meal I would have been more likely to eat it. 

I got to thinking - most sit down restaurants serve some sort of bread and butter before your meal comes to the table.  And while we are waiting with friends or family for our meals to come we pig out on delicious warm rolls and butter.  From experience by the time my meal arrives I'm already full on bread but eat my meal because I don't want to waste.  That's a lot of bread that turns to sugar in one meal.  

So next time you go to dinner think twice and just pass the bread!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment